Grimsby Central Hall in Duncombe Street (off Freeman Street), is one fabulous venue – housing two Breath-Taking Theatres, dating back to 1936 …
“The Home of Real Music”
Although conceived by the Methodist Church as the first Central Hall built in Lincolnshire, there was always an intention that it should be more than just a place of worship. Indeed, the ‘Fishermen’s Chapel remains an integral part of this historic venue, the web site stongly proclaiming:
“We are proud and privileged to be the custodians of this historic chapel and its many artifacts charting the appalling price paid by those who sail our seas.”
Doors were first opened its doors to the public in 1936 and, to this day, the Hall continues to play an important role in the life of the local community.
In 2011, we celebrated the Diamond Jubilee; the building is now the oldest surviving continuous concert venue in North East Lincolnshire.
The Main Hall (below) seats 677. There are Front Circle,Back Circle and Stalls.
The Roy Kemp Hall (below) can seat 200 people if it is set up as a recital seating plan. For Cafe Jazz events at table setting it can hold around 150.
Currently, Box Office is open Mon – Sat 10.30am – 2.30pm. If there is a concert or show that evening doors are open 45 minutes before the performance start time. People can collect pre-booked tickets, attend the bar for drinks and then make the way to their seats.
The Central Hall, an important part of Grimsby’s heritage, will only survive through the continued support of local people, either by attending our concerts and shows, hiring the multitude of available rooms or through donations to our Restoration Fund Appeal.
LOCATION AND CONTACT DETAILS:
General Office: 01472 349300
Box Office: 01472 355025 – Monday to Saturday 10.30 – 2.30